Report on Business

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with a boy playing with dolls (I try to encourage it) ...

... it's just that when his favourite doll is blond and naked, it's hard not to laugh, you know?

In other news, potty training rocks!

I swear, I've organized major, successful events for work and felt less personal pride than I do when my two year old tells me she has to go potty.

We were at her music class today (called "Jump, Jiggle and Jive" but there is a distinct lack of jiving) and she was totally absorbed in playing with all the toys but then ran over and proclaimed, "I have'ta go potty, Mama!"

It was awesome.

The "accident" in her pants yesterday was less awesome ("I didn't wanna come inside to go poo in the potty, Mama!") but they're pretty few and far between.

It's great. It almost makes me think we should've done it sooner except I'm not sure when exactly that would've been. And maybe it wouldn't have gone so well.

For example, if we had've tried before Christmas, Mela would not yet have seen her best friend Nuala use the potty at Pizza Hut, which turned into a major selling point.

Peer pressure. Starts young, never ends.

Say click:

All this peeing in the potty (and not napping) has me tired out ....
Nate keeps Mela company on the couch. And works on his gut.

Comments

Popular Posts