I can't believe it's September

I can't believe it's September already. Time is flying by. I can't believe that my maternity leave is now 5 months over. I thought it would go quickly but this is ridiculous.

Part of the problem, I think, is that we've been so busy having so much fun. This past weekend, we went to the Guelph area for Allison and Jason's wedding. Amelia was a dream baby, making it very easy for us at both the wedding and the BBQ the next day. In general, she is very agreeable now, actually, and only fusses when she's hungry or tired. She fell asleep nicely at the wedding (thanks to the sling) but we did ask too much of her by staying a little late and then she had a bit of a meltdown on the car ride back. All in all, though, we had another great weekend.

Not much baby developmental news to report .... Amelia has started watching us eat, which is really cute. Her eyes are glued on us the whole time we take a drink or bring a fork to our mouths. She looks so studious, trying to figure out what we're doing. Today I actually put a bit of formula in a cup and offered it to her and she stuck her tongue down in the cup but then was shocked it was liquid and scrunched up her face and spit it out. Very cute.

She continues to sleep like an angel - she's stopped waking up at 7:30 a.m. lately, so is now just sleeping straight through the nights from around 10:30 p.m. to 10 a.m. I feel like the most well rested mother of all time! Chris is going back to work tomorrow, though, which means our two week long weekend will be over and it's time to get back to more of a schedule.

It also means that it's time to get tough and start losing this baby weight! I can't believe that I have 25 pounds to lose. I've been pretty casual about it until now (lost 20 pounds right away and was hoping the rest would kind of trickle off). But now it's clear that I'm going to have to really start working at it. Wish me luck!

Amelia's first time on a dance floor:

Sleeping like an angel:


Dancing at the BBQ:

Learning to eat her foot:

Comments

Popular Posts