Our children, ourselves

A frequently repeated story from my childhood was my *love* for the Jolly Jumper baby exerciser. Apparently I was a good natured baby who loved to spend hours blissfully jumping away. It was no small occasion when we broke out the JJ for Amelia and we have delighted in her similar joy in this playtime.

And so, it just struck me, watching her bounce away, that Chris and I have created another person. One that looks just like him (mini-Chris!) and enjoys the JJ as much as I did. And who maybe someday will have a child who will also show pure glee at the ability to spring into the air repeatedly. It is such an overwhelming idea that after 5 months, it still brings me to tears.

We've had some challenges this week trying to get the little devil to nap (3 hours yesterday and I was still unsuccessful!) and I read other blogs about the years of challenges ahead with trepidation, but at this point, it still seems like an incredible gift.

Action Shots:





Comments

Popular Posts