I would be thankful for a house I could afford ...


Back to reality now that the turkeyfest is over.

I'm thankful, you're thankful, blah blah blah.

I hardly noticed Thanksgiving happening, actually. We went on a house viewing blitz ... we've shifted our search radius, so a whole new area of potential homes has opened up. It's an awesome area, actually, with a great school, playgrounds (with splash pad!), nice homes and close proximity to shopping (grocery, drugstore, mall, etc).

It's also totally out of our price range. But we've found another neighbourhood that we love, so that's progress, right?

Right????

Plus, I wasn't at MY parent's home, so even though we had a lovely dinner, it didn't seem as real, since no one was (1) in a snit, (2) talking about sex/politics, (3) bad mouthing Americans / family, (4) drunk.

I missed it. Some day, I'm going to wake up and realize that time still actually does pass here even though it feels like it's standing still.

We were actually supposed to do something fun! and touristy! and fall colours! and pumpkins and apple picking! but it rained all day Saturday so we hung out with friends instead and complained about naps.

Speaking of Nate (who Mela now DELIGHTS in calling "Nat the Brat"), he continues to suffer. Has a cold now, on top of everything, so wakes up several times a night and yells at our sleeping bodies.

Mela is suffering as well these days, in her own way. Cries several times a day (usually about the evils of "sharing") but can't tell if maybe that's just the life of a two year old?

Don't have any pics to share, really, except of my husband's butt and finger, and Mela covered in food.

Enjoy.

We visited the storage space and did some rock-climbing:
Some people's houses are lovely. Maybe that's why I can't afford them.
What do you think he's trying to tell me?:
Mela girl eating pumpkin-beans:
Happy thanksgiving!

Comments

Popular Posts