Mela plays house, monkeys jump on the bed and pumpkins rest in the valley

My girl has never been super girly.

When I found out her gender, I remember the shock of pleasure I had picturing all the things we would do together (dolls, ballet, colouring, crafts).

She's only two but already she's shown us that her personality favours trains instead of crafts and manatees instead of dollies.

Which is cool.

I have to say, I wish she was a little more into colouring but maybe she'll get into when she's older. I'm totally in favour of reducing gender bias where you can; I just really like crafts and secretly want an excuse to do them more.

And she does play the stereotypical, "little mother' role sometimes.

She just uses killer whales instead of dolls.

Say click:

Mela now sleeps in a big girl bed! (Which has got to be more comfortable than a blanket on the floor.)
Nate takes a break in the recliner:
Snuggles in Grammie's bed:
Two little monkeys jumping on the bed:
Everyone falls down:
In "the Valley," Mela plays on an awesome farm:
Surprisingly, Mela doesn't like Mama's joke about being "lost" in the corn maze:
Searching for the perfect pumpkin:

Comments

Popular Posts