Under Construction

Sorry for the lack of posts ... we got the keys to our new house last week (huzzah!) and have been working like mad ever since.

We ripped up the carpet and got some good surprises (wood under stick-on tiles!) and some bad (worn stairs, big cement patch in the middle of the hall!).

Now all of a sudden, we're sanding stairs at 11 at night. Thank god for family who eager to pitch in.

I'm also painting most of the rooms. I spent a month picking colours and then, at the last minute just went into Benjamin Moore. The designer showed me what they'd actually look like (e.g. true sunlight) and it was terrible.

So I learned an important lesson: talk to experts. Now the colours look awesome.

I'm loving it, though ... great to have a hands-on project after many months of waiting. And how great is it to own our first house?!! I feel like I've been waiting for this my whole life ...

My appetite for renos is actually quite small, though. We need to live in this house, stat! Crazy to imagine that at this point next week, we could be moving our stuff in.

I can only dream ...

Comments

Popular Posts