We're Back!

Well, we're back! Apologies for the long time without posting - we went to NS unexpectedly and then got sick and then realized we'd left our camera in NS, which meant no fun pictures to post. But all is well now.

(As you can see, Amelia's glad to have the camera back but more excited about the bubble wrap that came with it!)

So Amelia had her first cold ... we both feel better now but it was very sad for a while, watching her try to breath with a stuffy nose. She was pretty whiny during the day but the worst was at night - for a couple nights, she woke up every 5 or 10 mins and would cry because she couldn't breath. Very sad (and exhausting).

Funny how now that I'm a mom, not only do I not get coddled when I'm sick but I have to take care of someone else! (I guess that goes under "Things my Mom did for me that I didn't realize at the time / took for granted.") You can't just say, "Sorry kid, I'm feeling sick, I just want to lie on the couch all day and drink orange juice and watch Cary Grant movies." Well, actually you can do a lot of that with a 6 month old; I'm dreading the toddler years.

In other news, eating "real" food continues to be a challenge. She's just starting to get the hang of taking food in her mouth and not sticking her tongue out afterwards. Ill post a funny video when I get the chance. Check out www.afryn.com for pics of the Halifax trip, including Amelia's awesome exersaucer (which she misses dearly, I can tell), grandparent time, and meeting Aunt Lisa and Uncle Sam.

Comments

Popular Posts