Sutton Pops!

We finally took some belly shots of baby #2 at 20 weeks. Just because we haven't taken them every week like we did last time, doesn't mean we're any less excited this time. Right? Right?!!!

Now that the belly has popped out, it's officially getting harder to:
  • Bend over, pick up my baby and carry her up the stairs
  • Bend over and pick things up, period
  • Walk up the stairs, period
Funny, I remember last time that at the end of pregnancy I was worried I would miss it, since it was so "great." This time, all I can see ahead are the inconveniences (e.g. never having clothes that fit, not being able to get out of a car gracefully, being unable to dry my legs after a shower, etc). I'm still waiting for the "great" part to kick in ... was it literally the kicking part that I loved so much? I've already forgotten.

Actually, some recent developments at work this week made me, for once, wildly glad that I'm pregnant right now, if only because it means I'm out of there in July. This is the most excited to be pregnant that I've been so far! Speaking of which, I do hope that over the next couple of months, we get some more real excitement going for this little one. I'm concerned that August will arrive with little fanfare or anticipation, given that we:
  • don't have any more ultrasounds this time (won't see him/her again),
  • don't know the gender,
  • are going to be very busy working and enjoying Mela, and
  • won't be going through any of the preparations or celebrations (e.g. researching baby products, registering, baby shower, etc) that we did last time.
I haven't really come up with any ideas for how to "celebrate" this pregnancy yet (e.g. belly cast might just be depressing) - let me know if you have any ideas. Because really, second babies deserve just as much excitement. I should know!

Anyway, here are the two belly shots. For compare/contrast purposes, I've included the pics from the same point last time. I think the belly is a bit bigger than this point last time, as well as certain features, ahem, that never went back to normal.

Mela at 20 weeks:

Sutton at 20 weeks:
Mela at 21 weeks:
Sutton at 20 weeks:

Comments

Popular Posts