Cupcakes, lasagna and sleeping in your car

Our weekend was good; very very busy. Our friend Andrea's baby shower was Saturday and since hubby had hockey, had to take Mela. It was fun but a lot of work. Basically spent the whole time either picking her up and reassuring her ("Oh my GOD, someone dare LOOK at you?!") or running after her. Not so much fun/relaxing as the shower I went to last weekend without a little monkey on my hands. Great to socialize (i.e. eat delicious cupcakes) and cute to see her with the other babies, of course.

I was SO exhausted by the time I got home, though, I ended up reclining my seat in the car (Mela was asleep in the car seat) and got a bit of shut-eye! I knew that if I moved her, she'd wake up and I desperately needed a rest. This is what motherhood + pregnancy does to you = you find yourself sleeping in your car on the street on a Saturday afternoon.

Then yesterday, we had a bulk cooking day at my friend Sarah's catering kitchen. I was thinking of doing something like this with friends anyway (e.g. SuperWorks) and then Sarah volunteered her facilities and wholesale suppliers. Super fun!

In the end, each person went home with a big pan of lasagna, a big container of pasta sauce, three containers of chicken curry (just add rice), a freezer bag of stirfry seasoning (ginger, garlic, jalapeƱos, etc) and a freezer bag of ready-to-cook chocolate chip cookies. And we made a stir-fry and ate it for dinner. It ended up being ridiculously inexpensive and we had a ton of fun. The best part was that we all got to chat and catch up and Sarah gave us all kinds of cooking tips throughout the process. It was awesome.

Missed the little monkey a bit though - Chris had her on the front porch when I drove away and when I leaned out the window and said, "Bye bye!", she looked panic stricken and started to cry. I almost ditched the whole thing and stayed home. I think I have Stockholm syndrome ("in which the hostage shows signs of loyalty to the hostage-taker").

Week ahead looks long and uneventful. At least I'll be home with her on Friday, since Maria has an exam.

Hard-at-work cooks:

The fruits of our labour: yummy, yummy pasta sauce:

The mohawked, bunny-toothed beast:

Comments

Popular Posts