Why did our society ever move away from this type of family arrangment??

  • Right now I'm eating a delicious spaghetti lunch. It's the second day in a row that I've been able to bring my lunch instead of buying it.

  • When I got home from work last night, my baby was about to go in the high chair, with her dinner ready and someone to feed her (and bend over to pick her food off the floor!). I actually got to change my clothes and get a drink of water when I got home, instead of waiting for Chris and risking permanent stainage.

  • When Mela did something funny, she had a whole room of people laughing at her antics.

  • Our dinner was sitting on the stove, already made, and we had a great meal and adult conversation.

  • Someone else helped to carry the baby up the stairs at bedtime.

  • I was ready for work early this morning.

  • When I get home from work today, dinner will be taken care of and I'll know that Mela had a great day playing with people who love her.

How's the visit with the in-laws going, you ask?

Heaven.

Comments

Popular Posts