Thankful Weekend

Wonderful Thanksgiving weekend in Lindsay with the family. Nathan was still fussy in the evenings ... it's like he's a bottomless pit of hunger (even with 2+ oz of extra milk pumped in the mornings!).

It was great to have the extra hands to help though, and the food was spectacular (I actually feel full for once).

One of the best parts of the weekend was actually on the drive home. Nathan was unhappy (even with the finger in his mouth) and started ratcheting the crying to an unacceptable level of hysteria. Mela was crappy at this point too and started whiny crying at the same time. Since my head was going to explode, I asked Chris to pull off at the next exit and we ended up following signs to Darlington Provincial Park (which I'd never heard of before today).

We drove through for a bit and then pulled into a deserted campsite right near the water. There was a beautiful carpet of crisp leaves, you could hear the waves lapping and the sunlight was dappled and warm. I sat down under a tree to breastfeed Nathan and Chris and Mela played in the falling leaves.

It's amazing how, in such a short amount of time, we went from such a high stress, negative situation to a calm, peaceful, fun place.

And as I breathed in the fresh air, I looked around and saw all that I have to be thankful for right now. A wonderful, patient, hard-working husband. A beautiful, smart, loving daughter (who said "Mama" today). A gorgeous, healthy newborn son.

How can I ever complain?

Posted pics of the weekend on afryn - here are some highlights from today:



Comments

Popular Posts