A giant bounce forward!

I'm so confused.

I find it a little overwhelming to try and 1) handle a newborn (3 months yesterday!), 2) try and manage a toddler (or is she managing me?), 3) eat healthy (or at all) AND 4) cut things out of my diet because really, this is the worst time to try and go without caffeine.

And the information out there is so confusing. Like, can I still have chocolate? And what's the timing of


OH MY GOD!

As I was typing this, Nathan just fell asleep in his bouncy chair!

This is huge!

I remember the first time this happened to Mela. I was packing to go to a friend's wedding out east and she was on my bed, in the bouncy chair. It was a huge milestone and happened at about the 3 month mark also.

Sweet blessed relief!

This means a lot of things.

It means that starting someday soon, he will no longer will have to be actively bounced to sleep, with my finger in his mouth, every time he's tired.

It means that he will start to be more smiley and happy and interactive, instead of fussing and crying all day long. (This is actually already happening.)

It means that maybe, someday soon, Chris and I will be able to spend our evenings doing things like eating dinner, watching movies, reading books, and conversing calmly, instead of bargaining for a break (e.g. can you take the baby for 5 mins while I go to the bathroom / take a shower / put in some laundry / stand outside and breath deeply?), yelling to be heard over a crying baby ("I said, WHERE'S THE SWADDLE BLANKET?"), and spending hours going through the endless cycle of baby calming techniques (e.g. bounce on the ball while watching tv / strip baby naked and put in bouncy chair / swaddle, rock and lullaby).

In case you couldn't tell, last night was another tough night. Not to complain.

But this! This is real progress! I might openly weep.

To make matters even better, it's 9 am and Mela still hasn't woken up.

Granted, it's because she spent an hour crying before she finally fell asleep. Damn teething again, I suspect. This is one reason not to have your kids close together: eldest is still teething.

Now all I have to do is sit here perfectly quiet and I'll have a minute of free time!

Uh, she's awake. So close!

If I bring her downstairs, though, she'll wake Nathan! Hmmm, looks like someone's getting oatmeal in their crib today ...


Photos:

Evidence of progress:
The first time Mela fell asleep in the chair (turns out it was week 9):
I think someone's going to be a blankie boy:Grandma asked for a smiley photo of Nate so that was my goal yesterday.


Comments

KitchenCathi said…
I can't wait to put him in the sweater vest I got him. I LOL'd at some of those pics.

I knew you had a rough night - I had a nightmare that you were living in a basement, with no windows, on a matress on the floor and the room was flooding. Don't worry, I totally saved you. But I woke up and my first thought was, 'Omg, Nancy is in trouble'.

Wish I could be there to help.

Popular Posts