Ladybugs, ninjas and talking, oh my!

Mela is hilarious.

She can actually talk now and hearing what goes on inside a two year olds head is great (and a little concerning).

When you put her to bed at night, she wraps her arms around you now and says, "Mela is soooo happy. And a little bit sad." Nobody likes to go to bed, so fair enough.

My parents were here on the weekend, which was great but we're all a little down here now. Mela saw a picture of my mom today and said, "Mela miss Grandma. Mela need Grandma, Mela go Grandma house. Mela miss my home, Mela need home."

Ahh, yes. Well, the Grandma thing is tough to solve but a month from now, we'll be tucking you into bed in your new room. Hard to imagine.

In the meantime, we just have to make it through. Today was extraordinarily bad, as Nathan had severe rage (teeth) issues. This meant long periods of time when Mela was subjected to a wailing brother and a barely coping parent. We eventually just left the house and drove to the mall in an effort to calm the beast.

We went into a store and Mela walked directly up to the saleswoman (my shy baby is becoming a very friendly little girl) and said, "Name Mela Jane. That Mama and Nate the Great. Mela happy but a little bit worried. Worried 'bout Nate the Great. Nate cryyy and cryyy and cryyy."

So true, Mela, so true.

She is a big worrier. Almost every day, she tells me she's sorry, either because a) she banged her feet on the door and woke Nate up (a month and a half ago), or b) she pushed Nate down (over two weeks ago). She has the guiltiest conscience!

She's also a big imitator. She wants to be involved in whatever you're doing and demands to be in on every conversation. It's hard to talk for more than a couple minutes without Mela interjecting: "Talking 'bout?! Talking 'BOUT?!!"

She has also now started the dreaded "whys." "Why sick, Mama?" (I wish I knew). "Why Nate sad, Mama?" (again, I wish I knew. God help us if this is what more teething is like.)

This morning she said, "Why arm in shirt, Mama?" I was scratching my back and hadn't even noticed. So I explained that sometimes skin is itchy and you need to give it a scratch.

Five minutes later, I looked over and she had her hand under her shirt. She informed me that her skin was itchy because of "too much applesauce in belly."

Hilarious.

Say click:

Nate likes hats:
Waiting for the grandparents at the airport!
The moment of arrival has finally arrived!
Enjoying each other's company (and Grandma's magical gift bag):
Getting ready for fright night. It's hard to dress a ninja.
Turns out, it's just as exciting to see the kids that come to you!
Nathan likes this tradition:
Grandpa's new camera takes nice pictures:
... and sad ones:
This year, we're actually going to be ready for the snow!
Big girl Mela can sit at the counter but is a little bit sad.
I like this sign:

Comments

Mlle. said…
I was humming along through your cheerful, wonderfully informative blog post until I hit that picture of you and mom.
Wow, are there a thousand words to go with that image, or what?

Popular Posts