Say a Big Click!

If you remember, last summer I traded time with my children for work and money (and house escape). It was totally worth it (career development! movers!) but I still agonized at the time.

When weighing the benefits of an additional contract at one point, I kept thinking how the extra money would let us get a really good camera.

In case you haven't noticed, I love photos - I have a terrible memory and capturing it helps me remember it all. (Although I've taken a million pics over the past couple years and it's still all a blur.)

By doing more work, I'd be missing some moments but better able to preserve others from this "precious" time (and also be able to afford basic necessities, like a car).

It feels like a lifetime ago now but the payoff is finally here. My biggest problem now is trying to keep the new baby safe from the chickens. And to choose among all the millions of great shots.

Here are some preliminary results:

Photo shoot with the busy toddler:

Peeking in the oven:Testing the self-timer:Someone's excited to be in his new pajamas!
Bath girl:
Mela hangs out in the guitar case while Dad sings some songs:
One cute close-up:

Comments

Popular Posts