The penultimate day dawns gratefully

There are days when I feel miserable (there have been a lot of those lately).

And then there are days when I feel grateful.

Saw in the news yesterday the story about the Storkcraft recall. Felt a shudder through my soul for the parallel-universe/coulda-been me whose baby got trapped down the side of a crib. Felt grateful for high-quality crib (thanks to in-laws) and co-sleeping. Panicked at memory of cry-it-out nights with no video monitor (what if he'd been trapped?). Resolve to buy monitor if we ever do it again (haha).

Am also feeling a bit better today (i.e. less like death is imminent, more like regular sore throat). Day two of antibiotics brings great hope for recovery and gratefulness for modern medicine. Resolve to never take healthiness for granted (i.e. will totally take it for granted after first few days).

My chickens are also doing better these days - Nate's tooth is right at the surface and he had a monster nap this morning. Feel grateful that I've never once had to worry about them gaining or losing weight. Other babies out there are also doing well and getting fat. I may not personally know them but it brings me a small amount of joy.

And finally ... one more sleep 'til keys to our first house. We're doing the final paperwork today and then tomorrow's the walk-through. Once we paint and do some small fixes, we'll finally be able to take our lives off hold and fully move to this province.

Just in time to go back home for a visit!

Say click:

Here are some older, random pics:

While we were miraculously out of the house one day, we got to see the Olympic flame! It went down the street right near where we're staying. Didn't seem like that big a deal until I saw hundreds of people lining the route and felt touched by something much larger than myself.
The kids, on the other hand, were more impressed by the fire truck:
Cool dude in pink glasses:
Nate impersonates the 70's Elvis:
Nate's new thing is to sit on the step and "snuggle" a little teddy bear. Kills me every time.

Comments

Popular Posts