Back to life, back to reality ...

Things are starting to settle back into the routine now. Sometimes I forgot that we've only been in our house two months (during which we went home for Christmas and potty-trained the big kid!) and that things really are still settling in.

For example, I still have a dryer in my kitchen.

But at least now I also have a dryer in the basement, a decent light in the hall and fabric picked out for curtains. I don't actually have the curtains themselves (or a decent rug) yet but we're getting there.

Considering we only have about 5 mins a day to work on stuff, we're not doing too bad.

Want to say more about Nate's language explosion ("Zebra!") but both monkeys just actually fell asleep so must instantly go 1) clean kitchen floor, 2) refinish bookcase or 3) take a nap.

Say click:

Mela approves of a possible rug (I don't) and takes a rest:
Just kidding - I don't nap!
Practicing the ballet moves:
Yes, she's wearing sunglasses and using a magnifying glass. Makes me think Uma Thurman / Jason Schwartzman:See the sleeping bunnies ...
.. wake up little bunnies and hop, hop, hop!
Children playing together with dad (they each have a leg to swing on):
Until Nate decides that whichever leg Mela has is better and proceeds to muscle her out:
How can you be mad at this, though?
Nate and the Nose, I mean, the Mama:
What do you mean, I can't be a ballerina ALL the time?!
Fine, I'll be Sophia Loren:
Extreme closeup:
Think this baby's coming soon or what??
Where's Toothy?
Peekaboo!
One sheet = 15 min of fun.
They've started to hug now. And even kiss. It slays me with the cuteness.
The end.

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
Ahahahaha! Awesome.

I have sung Sleeping Bunnies approx. 6,732,432 times since we got back home. So, thanks for that.

We miss you guys! Jenny picked up her photo book yesterday and turned to a pic of Amelia and said, 'Mimi!'.

Popular Posts