Teaching Manners

Conversation in our kitchen this morning:

Mela: Mama! I went pee pee in the potty. That means I get a treat!

Me: You're right, Mela. How about some nice fresh berries? (trying to phase out the awesome junk treats at this point ...)

Mela: Okay!

Me: Here you go, the last five raspberries. But I hear Nathan coming, so make sure to eat them quickly.

Mela: La la la. Yum, yum, raspberries. Five raspberries. La la la ...

Me: Mela, you need to eat the raspberries quickly. HE'S COMING!!!

(Nate enters kitchen and instantly senses presence of treat. Begins tracking prey.)

Me: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, HIDE THE RASPBERRIES OR EAT THEM NOW!!!!

Mela: No, Mama. I'm going to share. Here you go, Nate. I share a raspberry with you.

Me: Oh. Yeah. That's right, we're supposed to share, aren't we? Good work, Mela.


Nothing like a lesson in manners from your two year old.

Comments

Popular Posts