Halifax Public Gardens

Can you believe I'm working again?

I'm not really. I was at a workshop last week and and am now just going to be working on my own two days a week. So it's not 9 to 5 (mon-fri) in an office, which means flexibility and freedom. And research, which is my favourite thing in the world!

But still. Nannies and cooking dinners in advance and all that stuff. Hard to believe.

Meanwhile, the Sickness is back. Boo. I'm supposed to give the milk-thing a month though and it's really only been a couple weeks, so will keep at it.

Wish it had been a quick fix though. Hate the sore throat/exhaustion.

On a positive note, went to the Halifax Public Gardens today!

I didn't really know anything about it (urban park?) and was kind of shocked. It's been open since 1867 (apparently it was quite the place to promenade) and reminded me of a little Central Park.

There were lovely flowers, old statues, beautiful white bridges and lots of cool trees (ginko! Indian bean! California incense cedar!).

My kids could not quite grasp the concept of a park where you can't walk on the grass but we had a lovely time.

Say click:

The entrance: Mela admires the fountain from an acceptable distance:How cute is that little house?!
Nate was walking behind me at one point, and when I turned around, he'd crawled into a little space in the roots of a tree and was just sitting there. When I asked what he was doing, he said, "Sit. Nest." Maybe the cutest thing EVER!
Meanwhile, back home in my own little garden, our Flowering Almond (or "flower popcorn"!) has started to do its thing. Impressive.
And for those of you who know the work I'm doing, guess what popped out of one of my planters?!!! It's clearly a sign ...

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
FIDDLEHEADS!!

I want you to know I was watching stupid 'Little Bear', and they were hiking or whatever and lost their backpack so were foraging - and they grilled some fiddleheads!! I was like, OMG!! :-)

Nate Nest is freaking adorable.
Rector Funhouse said…
I bought Fiddleheads at the grocery today! I thought of Aunt Janet.

Little Bear - isn't the cat snooty (and cool)?!

Popular Posts