Snowed In

We had a great big snowstorm here this weekend ... it started snowing Saturday and didn't stop until late last night.

Which was fine for us because we didn't really have any urgent shopping to do (looks like I'm not getting a present this year from Chris!), so we just curled up inside and enjoyed the Christmasy feeling. (Funny, when it snows in December, it's Christmasy; when it snows in February, it's depressing.)

We did bundle up and venture out briefly for a walk in the afternoon. It was fun but very snowy! It was actually kind of nice; the feeling of frozen cheeks, wet lashes and being wrapped in 20 layers reminded me of winter growing up. The last couple of years, it's hardly even snowed. Don't get me wrong, I've never had any love for the season, but there is something fun about mountains of fluffy stuff covering everything and shutting everything down.

And now, since our car is snowed in by the plow and we don't really have a decent shovel, Amelia and I have decided to spend today indoors again. She's going to play her current favourite game ("Pull all the toys out of the toy basket and lick them") and I'm going to drink tea and relax. Who needs groceries?!

Maybe this whole "winter" thing isn't so bad after all!

Cozied up inside:

Bundled up and ready to venture out:

Winter wonderland (with lots of snot):

I can't wait to get more toys for Christmas, so I can pull them out of my basket!:

Comments

Popular Posts