We have hard consonants!

Just when I was starting to get a tiny bit concerned (but never competitive) that all the babies around her (including younger ones) were starting to babble with hard consonants (dada, rara, baba), Mela starting chatting today!

Over the last few days, I thought I heard her babbling to herself when she was in her crib but as soon as I'd walk in, she'd stop (and never do it around me). Then yesterday, she did it in her high chair when I was in the kitchen. I ran in and tried to get her to do it again but she just laughed and thought I was trying to be funny.

Then today, she's been doing it all day, whenever she's just playing by herself. It's great! Lots of dada's and yaya's. Probably something only a mother (and grandparents!) could get excited about but it's fascinating to watch. She been practicing curling her tongue up for the last few weeks, so it's great to watch the development progress to the next step. Now, I can't wait til the babbles actually mean something (e.g. mama)!

The babbling caught in action:


Comments

KitchenCathi said…
Man, are you going to be in trouble when that one starts to talk, I have a feeling she'll never stop!

I'm still amazed at what she can do between one day and the next. We'll have to work on 'Ca ca ca' when I see her...
Rector Funhouse said…
A comment, how exciting!

I'm already starting to regret the babbling ... it gets old after she's been doing it for an hour straight.

Popular Posts