Mobile = good + bad

Well, we now have a crawler! This means that Amelia has wonderful new freedom to act on her intentions (e.g. I want to go to the kitchen now!) and I have lost my freedom to sit down and eat a sandwich.

I really am happy for her (she's so pleased with her new ability, she often laughs out loud as she crawls) but I really am missing sit-down meals. And have discovered that our place is not nearly as baby proof as I thought (the compost pail alone is a nightmare).

Crawling is almost old news for her, too; now that she's mastered it, she's desperate to acquire the next skill, which is to pull up on things. For the first few days, she was content to pull up onto her knees, and would cackle with glee at her magnificent accomplishment (especially when it meant she could now grab things off the coffee table). But now, she's intent on trying to pull all the way up, which has meant getting one foot underneath her, slipping, cracking her head on the floor and wailing with frustration. That's my kid!

No other news; we've been pretty much snowed in this week and are laying low, other than some nanny stuff (interviewed one), work stuff (might go back to work a bit early), and music class.

Here's some pics ... will upload crawling video shortly.

Look mom, I'm crawling!

Forget the cord- I can reach the actual laptop now! (is it just me or is my little baby getting long and lean now??)

She crawls!

Comments

Popular Posts