Words We Know + Standing!

Words that Amelia can clearly understand:

1. Dada - this is the first one she showed awareness of. I'll say something like, "Where's your dada?" or "Daddy's home!" and she'll turn and look at the door and wait for Chris to walk through. So cute!

2. Water - when she's eating, I ask her if she wants a drink of water and she starts flapping her arms, looks at the glass on the table and opens her mouth. Definite proof.

3. Buttons - I have a sweater with a lot of buttons and I'll say, "Where are Mommy's buttons?" and she'll look down at them or grab one. Maybe not that exciting for the average person but it's almost like watching the light of intelligence come on inside a robot. Or in this case, a monkey.

4. Bottle - this is probably the first one she learned, really. Pretty self-explanatory.

Others: Sophie (the giraffe), pants, boots, cheerios, cereal, spoon, etc. No sign that she knows who "Mama" is yet, though; maybe I should leave her more! I can't wait until she actually says a word intentionally; that's the next step and will be a thrill.

In other firsts, she stood up someplace other than her crib this morning (i.e. the first time we've actually seen her do it) . It was so cute - I watched her do it and was so shocked, I said, "YOU STOOD UP!" and she was all cool and then she burst out laughing, like yeah, you're right, aren't I awesome?!

No surprise, it was the laptop that motivated her to do it!

Comments

Popular Posts