New Addition

Here are some pics from yesterday's ultrasound. It was an AMAZING experience ... in the past, we've always had ridiculously long waits, clinical (unfriendly) staff and only very brief glimpses of the little fish. We went to a new place yesterday and they were so friendly and warm and informative and gave us lots of opportunities to see the little one kicking around (right in the ribs!). It was great too, that my mom went with me and we got to share that experience (good Mother's Day activity!).

The good news is that we found out the gender!!! It really does make a big difference to know. It's such an amazing feeling to be able to use pronouns and picture your little family together.

The "bad" news is that the baby is measuring big for the dates: I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant and the little one is measuring 28.5 weeks for head and body, and 29.5 weeks for leg length! Ack! I thought I ordered a small baby this time! Apparently, our family actually will be a herd of giraffes.

So here are the ultrasound pics. For those who don't already know, any guesses as to the whether the first sleeper will be blue or pink??

Kind of hard to see but baby was waving to us during this one (very cute):
Is it just me or is that Chris's nose?:
Totally merciless with the leg stretching!:

Comments

Angela said…
Hey, if that's a baby boy I'm looking at, I've got a bag of clothes for you!
Rector Funhouse said…
Yes!!! That is a little male-gendered specimen, actually, and we are a little pink-heavy in the clothes department. I'll definitely take you up on the offer!

Popular Posts