Goodbye but hopefully (soon), hello

Well, it's a happy / sad day here on Condor.

The happy part is that it was my last day of work and I'm officially on "vacation" for the next few weeks. I was kind of sad to say goodbye to everyone and nervous about too much free time (to stare at my belly, murmuring, "okay, now??") but after the last few nights I've had (up from 4:30 - 5:30 am last night, in addition to all the bathroom trips), I need to spend about a week sleeping.

Assuming of course, that Baby Boy doesn't make an early arrival (I WISH!).

The sad part is that today was grand-nanny's last day. Too sad for words. We've had a ton of fun here the last few weeks, watching Mela grow and change every day. It's been great to have someone else to share the little accomplishments with ("she sat down in the water!"), not to mention cook your dinner and do your baby's laundry.

It's been especially good over the last week, since I've been so tired and uncomfortable and totally unable to reach anything below my knees.

Not sure how we're going to cope without her.

Speaking of little developments, Mela's been a bit off the past few days (fever Wednesday, waking up in the night, cranky today). We checked her mouth today, though, and discovered that she has apparently skipped getting in the next round of incisors and has gone straight to molars! Three, in fact.

Which is makes it pretty amazing that she's not more cranky, actually. And pretty sad, to see such big red swollen mounds in her mouth. We fed her nothing but cold cottage cheese, cold applesauce and frozen peas for dinner. She seemed relieved.

And what timing - two weeks before a new baby is due and the monkey decides to cut three molars at once! In a way, it would be better if he didn't come until after we're through this.

I'm just not sure I can last ... (have I mentioned the random, cramping, Braxton-Hicks??).

Anyway, here are some misc recent pics.

How they've grown: Mela's got a height advantage now but Nuala's hair is way better:
Little outlaws (Mela and Noah):
Sitting on her box, listening to music (and chewing on a frozen ring to soothe the aching gums):
The big, brother belly (who's that peeking up at me?!):
Excited to have an audience (and a toothbrush):Dancing with the Grand-nanny:

Comments

Popular Posts