Two kids aren't that bad ... as long as you have grandparents every weekend and an awesome double stroller!

Had a great weekend with the grandparents while Dad partied it up out of town.

Actually got to clean up the house a bit, including some laundry room stuff that I swear, has been sitting down there since before Nathan was born.

My bad.

It's amazing how well things flow when you have three adults around. This morning, I was cooking eggs for Mela, my Mom was talking to Mela and stirring the oatmeal and my Dad was changing poopy Nathan. If it had've been just me here, I would've been trying to do all those things by myself!

Which is the norm and I'm getting used to it now but like I said, it's amazing how much better it is when there are lots of hands.

I swear, it really does take a village to keep a Mama sane.

In other news, went out this weekend and bought our new double stroller, the BOB Revolution Duallie Stroller! I know, I know, I thought I had all our double stroller dreams realized when I got the deal-of-the-century double Valco but we didn't love it (combination of Valco-specific things and too-old-a-model things) and, call me crazy, I can't stand a stroller I don't love.

The good news is, I sold it (and a bunch of other baby stuff) on Craigslist and made some money so I could buy a stroller I do love. I read about a zillion comments about double jogging ("all-terrain") models and this one seemed the best over all. It's not perfect (e.g. don't feel great about the head room for my little giraffes) but it's the closest I've found.

And it means freedom. Blessed freedom! I can push almost 50 lb of baby chub through these icy, snow-bound streets with one finger - literally!

Now I have no excuse for not exercising ...

How was your weekend? Did you buy a new stroller? Clean out your laundry room? Eat almost an entire bag of chips while your kids were asleep and your husband was out of town? Sooo fulll.

Here are some pics:

Let's go take the new stroller for a spin!
Say your vowels, Nathan:
Where's Nathan?
Very Sad Nathan (clearly gets his acting chops from his mama - real tears!):
Only Sister can cheer me up:
Let's do "high fives" Nathan!
Grandpa snuggles us:
Grandpa reads us books:
Grandpa is fun!
Mela holds her brother (and no one is more surprised than Nathan)!!
Here's a video of the kids "jumping" together. It's hard to tell who liked it more: Mela, Nathan or the grown-ups:

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
I was worried for a moment, because in the Sad Nate pic it looked like he was wearing overalls, and I figured he'd been around G-Pop too much.

So glad they're coming this weekend because now I'm soooooo jealous.

The jumping is GREAT!
Rector Funhouse said…
Nate has been around Grandpa too long. Grandpa told him he was only allowed to wear "denim, corduroy or flannel" and has taken to calling him "Elmer."

It's not Nathan's fault his ears stick out a little bit!

Enjoy the love-fest ...

Popular Posts