My Heaven

The week after Amelia was born was arguably the best of my life.

True, I was sobbing every day from hormones but the real pain from breastfeeding and sheer exhaustion from getting up at night hadn't really set in yet. My mom was here, cooking all my favourite foods, and Chris and I were totally overwhelmed by the crushing love we felt for our new baby.

When my mom left, I cried (again) and told her that for the rest of my life, whenever I thought of what my heaven would be like, it would be that week, repeated endlessly over and over again.

I need to revise that now. Because Nathan wouldn't be there.

Now I think my heaven would be a day like today. Just a normal, average, kind of boring day.

True, it wasn't sunny or warm but we got out of the house for a nice long walk, I managed to transfer a sleeping Nathan from the stroller to his crib without waking him (hooray!) and Mela went down for her nap without complaining. I had a nice chat with my older sister, my younger sister stopped by to say hi and my husband called to see how we were doing. We have a long weekend ahead that includes a babysitter (yay Mary!) and drinks alone together and friends coming to visit. We live in a great city (I got a TON of fruits and veggies for $20), we are financially secure enough that we really have everything we need, and we have a great deal of our lives still ahead of us.

Maybe it just doesn't get any better than this ...

If only I didn't still have a cold!

Here are some shots:

The big rig in action!:
Playdate with Sasha (check out all the awesome toys!):
Elmer in the 'saucer:
We can even go out in the rain!
My beautiful daughter (she looks so much like her baby pics here):
Piglet hat from Aunt Cathi:
Just hangin' with my boy:

Comments

Popular Posts