And I had a feverish dream ...


I jinxed us.

I was looking back at old blog posts to see when Mela stood up/started to cruise, since daredevil Nate went from learning to stand to stepping from ottoman to couch in like, a day (and is therefore clearly gifted).

(Turns out that Mela learned to pull herself up at the exact same age (10 m), so maybe he's not so advanced after all.)

Anyway, right around that time, we all got sick. I was looking at the post and thinking, oh, we never get sick any more.

That was Friday. In the middle of the night, I woke up with a viciously sore throat. Saturday morning, I couldn't even get out of bed to get Nathan. I spent pretty much the entire day sleeping. Nate was clearly sick too, though luckily Mela seems in pretty good spirits (except for an increased multitude of meltdowns).

That night, Nate developed a fever. And just like last time, I learned that having kids means you have to suck it up to look after your little one(s). I'm not sure trying to give a soothing bath to your infant while you're dizzy is the best idea but the poor little guy needed something.

Then around 3 am, I woke with violent chills myself. I've been awake ever since, trying to get warm, trying to bring the fever down, trying to sleep. Right now, I'm on the couch with hot water, cold water, some Tylenol and the movie Borat.

The question I have is: how do you know if it's Hiney/swiney flue?! A little girl died in Toronto recently ("she collapsed and died in her parents' car en route to hospital) so of course, you fear the worst for your kids.

At least it happened on the weekend. Not sure what I'll do on Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts