Puke, parsley, and baby group

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice about how to leave the house!

It's funny, actually, this week was totally booked with activities so there have hardly been any naps and tons of social activity. It's been great - we did music class, then visited with Caren Monday, went for lunch with Lisa P and then had a meeting at work on Tuesday, and had baby group today. And even on days when she had a total of 45 mins of sleep, she was great (although apparently I get REALLY funny right before bedtime).

What a change from last week. Who needs naps?!

In other news, Amelia threw up for the first time yesterday. It was kind of scary! And it was all because of parsley, of all things.

She was crawling (yes, crawling!) on the kitchen floor and managed to get her hand into our veggie bin. She grabbed a piece of parsley and I was like, wow, you actually got something that's edible and not a choking hazard; go ahead, kid, knock yourself out! She ate it and seemed to like it (was grabbing for more) but it was time for bed, so I cut her off. I fed her a bottle and all was well but then I think the parsely leaf got stuff in her throat because she was coughing and gagging and then puke was everywhere. Not just spit up but the real smelly stuff, pouring out. (Hope you didn't just eat.) And I hate throwing up so much, I felt so bad for her.

She was fine afterwards, although I did find another piece of parsley tucked into her cheek still a half hour later. I guess the lesson learned is that parsely is off-limits after all.

Here's some pics from this week:

Standing at the coffee table with Grandpa:

Hi Mom! I'm ready to get up!

Baby group (everyone's getting big!):

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
Omg how gay is Dad in that picture?

I love how sunny AJ is in the mornings!

The little boots on the kids are SO CUTE. I can't believe how much they've changed, SO big. And now I want to pierce Junior's ears the second she comes out.

Popular Posts