Snowy Days

It's snowing here today ... and it has been very cold lately. I'm starting to feel major cabin fever but somehow, not enough to actually haul the stroller out and fight through the snow. No destination quite seems worth it. Where would I go: the grocery? the bookstore? the gym so I can finally sign up? None of those places involve stimulating social interaction with friends, which is what I really need.

And any motivation I do have to even go for a long walk is dampened by the fact that as soon as I get ready to go anywhere, it's always her nap time. This is the down side of a baby that sleeps a lot: your window for doing things is always quite a bit shorter than other moms. Not that I'm complaining of course; I'm grateful every day for the fact that I actually sleep at night.

So instead I sit here and upload photos, which is taking forever. Apparently, there is no uploading tool on the market that can handle 315 photos, so I'm having to do it in batches. You'd think I'd maybe cut some more out but really, I do need copies of them all. But at least this activity is productive, in that we'll have a baby album at the end of it. Funny, I bet she'll have this album commemorating the first six months and then the next album will span years. And we'll be lucky if our next child gets any album, isn't that what they say?

And yesterday I even cleaned, just enough to keep my membership in the female gender. The Vim and new cloth were great, and the Magic Eraser really is magic, as it turns out. Exciting times on Condor ... I'm so starved for action, I was actually looking forward to checking the mail today! I feel like I'm under house arrest, or agoraphobic.

No Mela developments ... lately she's getting really good at going from her stomach to sitting up and vice versa. If she does this repeatedly, she can get from one end of the room to the other (always towards to the laptop cord, of course). This dazzles her parents but the other babies at music class don't seemed that impressed, as they crawl right over her. But can they eat 20 cheerios in 2 minutes?!

Also, I'm finally accepting the fact that my baby won't sit on my lap anymore. Any time I try to hug or just sit and talk to her, she turns into a big ball of squirmy, trying to grab things or get somewhere. Had to happen sometime but I miss it and keep trying to snuggle her anyway. Her attitude is like, "Uh mom, I know what you look like but OHMYGOD, WHATISTHATBLUETHING?!!!"

Sigh. Maybe someday she'll go through a cuddly phase again. Until then, I'll have 315 photos to keep me warm.

Comments

Popular Posts