In Which We All Run Away ... to the Fair!

Have a rare break amidst the craziness so will try to give an update.

Things are pretty much the same since last week. Nathan refuses to be held by anyone except the Momma (and sometimes the Grandma) or sleep anywhere except directly on the breast. He still thinks pacifiers are evil and should be spit out instantly.

At this moment, he's in the swing though and is quiet (maybe alseep?!) so we might be on to something here!!

I'd brush my teeth but don't want to wake Mela and end my delicious freedom.

The total lack of free time is starting to make me a little crazy, I think. Even 5 minutes of not holding a baby is soooo precious to me right now. I was super excited to unload the dishwasher this morning because it meant not holding/nursing a baby! Scary.

The good news is that Nathan is sleeping like a CHAMP - on the average night, he sleeps for a good four hours, then a couple three hour stretches. For a 5 week old baby, it's so great! And when we were in Lindsay, I fell asleep with him around 8 pm and he slept straight through until 3 am (7 hrs!!) and then I nursed him in bed a couple times until 6 am. Amazing!

I'm convinced that I'm currently the most well-rested new mom alive.

Mela is the same - continuing tummy problems (i.e. gross diarrhea for two weeks straight - two much information?). I'm pretty sure it's from all the handfuls of sand she consumes at the park. We finally broke down and took her to the doctor yesterday (actually got in to see her doctor which is a minor miracle but still a loonnnggg, painful process).

Sounds like there's a couple things going on (minor cold, teething, plus stomach bug). All I know is that I got the exciting job of taking a "stool sample" last night, which was maybe the grossest thing I've had to do as a parent yet (followed closely by cleaning puke out of her hair).

My sister Mary actually took a picture of the process which I'd post here but then you'd be the one puking.

In more happy news, we saw the grandparents this week, which made Mela very happy. Things were getting a little stressful here so we packed up the kids and took them to visit the grandparents in Lindsay.

The best part was that Mela got to go to the Lindsay Fair (maybe my last one ever - *sniff*). We though she'd love it because seeing animals usually makes her giddy but she was startled by the first duck she saw (loud honk) and wanting no part of it from that point on.

She grudgingly liked her trip on the Merry Go Round but not as much as some rocks she found. Maybe next time she'll get more out of it.

All I know is that I got a chilli dog, beer nuts and fudge, so it was a great day for me!

Here are some pics:

Nathan in the morning (i.e. in a good mood):
Nate pretends to be a cute innocent while giving Aunt Mary a run for her money:
Mela "helps" change Baby Nathan:
Playing in the park with Dad:
Yes, it's bad to swing your kids like this ... but she loved it so much!
Mela does the sign for "more" ... how can you refuse when she asks so nicely?!
Both babies need Momma at the same time ... and Momma needs a drink!
Hmmm, I like this comfy fleece ...
... it makes me sleepy:
Grandma demonstrates her awesome baby-whispering skills:
Grandpa shows the boy how to dance:
Soooo not impressed with the horses:
Run away!
Grandma looking stylish in her new hat (while Mela eyes the Merry Go Round):
Mela's first ride at the Fair! (Nathan's, too!)
Exhausted from all the fun, Mela finally falls asleep:
Nathan approves of Lindsay (maybe because of all the noise?):

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
The look on Nate's face when G-pop is 'dancing' him is perfectly apropo.

We all feel that way, Nate. We all do.

Popular Posts