Week 3: Good weight, bad baby acne and lots of Entourage

All good things to report at the two and half week mark.

Went to the midwife's yesterday, totally convinced that Baby Nathan hadn't gained enough weight and that breastfeeding was ultimately doomed (again), only to be told that he's doing fine. He's barely regained his birth weight (10 lbs, 1 oz) which means he's not packing on pounds but he's in the "healthy range."

Of course, as a new mom, I'd prefer to err on the side of a bit of extra chub but I guess I should be happy that things are "normal."

He's also settled back down again (less fussiness) and the routine is going smoothly again. As long as I don't get carried away and skip a nap, everything goes well and I feel pretty rested on an average day.

Hooray! Second babies are much better, I highly recommend them.

I am watching a lot of tv, though, while I breastfeed. Now that my Olympics are over, I've watched several movies (turns out "The Hustler" is quite good), an entire season of Entourage and more MuchMusic a day than in the last five years combined (is it just be or is Girlicious a sign of the coming apocalypse??).

Let me know if you have any recommendations for TV series I could rent - I've heard that western one is good.

Yeah, so I've got some baby acne - so what??
This was a great snuggle:
Sleeping baby (my favourite shot):
Walking down Queen St with dad:At the midwives' with my babies (hint: holding a toddler in front of you is a great way to disguise post-partum weight!):
Mela enjoys her buffet dinner:
Dad with his kids:
What Baby Nathan is doing right now (i.e. the reason I can update this blog):

Comments

Popular Posts