Stop Checking for a New Post ...

... I'm too busy to write things here, okay?!

First of all, I've got a newborn. Who is precious and all, smells really good (his breath is actually sweet!), but tends to cry anytime he's not either a) on the boob or b) in motion.

Apparently jiggling him on your lap while trying to type on the computer apparently does not count as "motion."

Secondly, I've got a toddler. Who deserves a mom who spends her free time at the park instead of writing on blogs. Plus Mela likes to reach her sticky hands around the laptop screen in order to bang on the keyboard, which results in blog posts made mostly of words like fpvkfsw.

Thirdly, I'm a social butterfly!

Last night, we hosted six people for dinner ... it was my biggest dinner party ever and I've got a newborn! Hardly makes sense. A friend of ours flew in from the UK so we had people over here, since taken two kids out to eat seemed even more crazy. We set some rules ahead of time (paper plates, cook the meal ahead of time, no fancy stuff) and even then it was a bit challenging to get things in order for guests but worked out great!

I even made a chocolate cake, since this is what I dream about at 2 am and I think it's important to realize your dreams. It was delicious! Whatever helps get you through that 2 am feeding, right?

(Hint: nothing helps at the 5 am feeding, except thoughts of death, which I imagine probably feels like one long sleep).

And then we went to Chris's boss's house for a BBQ tonight. We're so much more adventurous this time around. Nice to put faces to names, although we had to leave before dinner was ready (welcome to life with kids). We ended up eating delicious Big Mac's in the car ... we were going to eat burgers for dinner anyway and if you only do it once a year, it's okay, right?!

And now we're off to Darian and Audrey's wedding this weekend - hooray! Mela's going to get some grandparent time and the little-big man is coming with us. Should be interesting!

Here are some pics.

This was a lovely photo ... until Nathan decided he didn't want his picture taken:
Isn't this kid winning? Winning her way out of eating the rest of her sandwich, that is ...
Chocolate cake!The last of the stay-at-home dad:
Party time:
So I go in to get Mela up this morning ... and she's staring at herself in the mirror, laughing and jumping on the bed ... with no shirt on! She also can now imitate a monkey ... how appropriate.
Enough pictures, lady! Get me my lamby!Lunch in the living room (i.e. practicing life with only one parent home):
Is that my sister I hear??
Nathan's all dressed up ... but not very happy about it:
Okay, maybe this outfit's not so bad. Although I think the hat makes my face look fat:

Comments

Popular Posts