In which we are struck down (again!) ...

I should've known better than to say how great things were here. I should've known!

The number one rule of family life is that things can change drastically from one day (or hour) to the next.

(The second rule is always, ALWAYS, respect the schedule.)

Pretty much as soon as things here were good (for one shining moment!), it all came crashing down.

Baby Nathan promptly developed a burning fever, streaming nose and rattling cough. He's been up all night the last two nights, poor buddy, and is pretty miserable during the days. Late in the day today, Mela started coughing and feeling hot, and then (oh no!), I felt the sickness strike me too.

Just like last time, the dad seems invincible so far (hooray that someone in this family has a decent immune system), which is great since I'm now pretty useless. Things got so bad this afternoon that I bundled the kids down to our basement hideaway and then plied them with granola bars, unlimited cartoons and rattle toys while I tried to lie very still and ignore the waves shaking my boat.

In good news, though .... uh, I've got nothing. Oh, I guess it's good that I've been through this once before (being sick with two kids at home) so it's not as bad this time. I feel less miserable about the fact that I can't just curl up in bed and sleep it all away. I'm learning that this job has no sick leave but great benefits.

Oh, and tomorrow's Friday!

Here's a picture from today. I spent a ridiculous amount of time getting Mela all bundled up (new snowsuit!) to go outside and play but as soon as we went outside, she spread her arms wide and cried ....

"ALL DONE!"

And here's one of Nathan, just because he's so cute. Is it just me or is he thinking, "Mmmm, I want your food!"

Comments

Popular Posts