Babyzilla Gets His Shots

As a second-time mom, not only did I not dread Nathan's four months immunization shots at the doctor's today, I kinda forgot they were even happening.

So it was a bit of a surprise to me when they whipped out the needles.

It was great in a way, though, because I didn't spend all week dreading it. And since I followed the BEST parenting tip I've ever gotten (breastfeed during the needles if you can - they cry out, then go back to eating almost immediately, with only the occasional whimper), Nathan didn't even get that upset.

Quite the change compared to Mela's four month vaccinations!

And the doctor said that Nathan was "well ahead of his peers" for motor development. He's a gigantic 17 and a half pounds (weaner pig!), can transfer a toy from hand to hand and is almost sitting on his own now.

Mela didn't do that until almost two months later!

Which is awesome because there's nothing we did differently this time and I always felt secretly guilty about Mela's slow progress ... almost like she didn't do things "on schedule" because of some lazy parenting on my part.

(This is known as Mama Guilt, by the way. It's insidious and unavoidable. Learn to live with it because it affects everyone and, from what I've heard, never goes away.)

It just goes to show ... we probably don't have as much of an effect as we think, on both good and bad days.

Speaking of good days, guess who's sleeping (on their own) right now?? That's right, both my babies. Let the return to "normal" life begin!!

Here are two pics from the doctor's ... I can't decide which I like better so I'm posting both:

And I shall call him ... Babyzilla!
Actually, I'm just a cute little boy, sitting in a chair, asking someone to love me:

Comments

Popular Posts