A new year: may it be happy

Happy new year.

We rang in 2009 by spending two hours trying to get our kids to sleep (and we were 0/2 after those 2 hours) and then giving up and drinking champagne with good friends, eating too many cookies (apparently, I'm on the all-cookies-and-chocolate diet) and watching Manhunter.

It was awesome.

I'd loved to do a thoughtful retrospective of all that 2008 involved but I don't even have time to finish this sentence (I'm borrowing from sleep).

I think I could arguably say that '08 was the craziest, busiest, happiest year of my life. When I look back at everything that's happened (baby Mela learning to crawl, a trip to the 'nati, heading back to work, a hardly-noticed pregnancy, Mela's first birthday, baby Jenny, Grandma nanny, hot sunny days at the wading pool, Mela learning to walk, my losing the ability to walk, Mary's return, Nathan born on the living room floor, the Beijing Olympics, eating oranges at 4 am, evenings of hell, drop-in salvation, multiple breakdowns, Nathan's sunny smiles, double the Christmas, etc), it's hard to believe it's only been one year.

Here's to 2009. Hopefully, it will entail:
  • No new babies (for us, at least)
  • Sleep (proper naps, bedtimes without crying and maybe even sleeping through the night!)
  • Occasional down time (reading the paper, going for a walk, going out to dinner with my man)
  • A move and a house
  • Two happy little kids, playing together
Those are my dreams. Hope your year is wonderful and your dreams for it come true.

Here's some retro-perspective on 2008:

January:
February:
March:
April:
May:
June:
July:
August:
September:
October:
November:
December:

Comments

Popular Posts