Sleep, sleep, oh, sleep at last!

It finally looks like this cold is on its way out! Our noses are all running by the gallon and I only woke up a couple times coughing last night, which supposedly is a sign of recovery.

In other news, last night was a breakthrough night for Nathan sleeping.

For the last few months, he's been getting up pretty regularly at 9 pm, 12:30, 3 am, 6 am and then 7 or 8 am wake up. Over the last week, though, he started dropping the 3 am feed and eating at 1:30 and then 5:30 am.

Hooray, I thought, this is progress.

Over the last little while, too, I've been offering Nathan some food whenever he seems interested, just bits and pieces here and there. At first, he'd suck it off my finger but lately, he's slowly been learning to eat from a spoon. It's maybe not as miraculous as with the first child but I still get a thrill from watching the process of a baby learning to open their little mouth when the spoon comes up.

And then yesterday, my mom was here and I had a bit of spare time, so I sat down and offered Na some applesauce. Well, he ate half a jar of baby food and a good amount of baby cereal. Little porker!

And then, lo and behold, he slept from 9 pm until 3 am (6 hours!!!) and then again until 7 am. It was amazing.

I have to see if it works again tonight. If it does, I might have to actually give my mom credit for (gently) suggesting that a little solid food might go a long way to helping an 18 lb baby sleep a little longer at night.

Who knew moms could be so useful??

My babies are actually starting to notice each other!
Guess who's discovered how to stick his tongue out?
Not to be outdone, Mela demonstrates her own skill in this area:
Guess who likes grandparents?

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
I'm not sure you should let FaNa (his new Sopranos nickname, 'Fat Nate') play with that grizzled Dublin newsboy.
Rector Funhouse said…
Hahaha .. FaNa! Hahaha ... grizzled Dublin newsboy. Ha!

Popular Posts