Current Threat Level: Orange

It's been a long week.

Lot's of fun with Mela - we went to the park a lot, she had another round of shots, and we did a lot of dancing to Raffi.

At the end of each day I said, I'm glad that I had this special day together with her (i.e. didn't go into labour).

Having said that, I've been going out of my mind. Just when I would start to accept that things weren't happening anytime soon, I would be up another night with Braxton-Hicks and crazy-tired and emotionally worn out in the morning.

It drives a person crazy after a while.

And then on Friday night, I started "early labour" which meant more uncomfortable, regular contractions every 5 or 6 minutes. At first, we ran around panicked, doing stuff we'd been procrastinating (putting the extra car seat in the car, vacuuming our room) but then they spaced out (every 12 minutes) and never turned into anything more (DISAPPOINTING!).

After talking to a friend who just had her second baby (and a similar start to labour), I learned that early labour can sometimes go on like this for a couple of days. Hoorah.

Since then we've been trying to go about normal activities (went to the farmer's market Saturday morning, the awesome Monarch Park pool today, and lots and lots of walking) but it's always under the threat of imminent labour, so it's been super hard to relax.

I alternate between excited, mad and frustrated about every five minutes. Chris says that we're living under a raised threat alert and I agree.

Mela has been oblivious to the anticipation, although her naps have been totally shot and I don't think she's appreciating all the long walks in the stroller (would much rather be playing at her park).

She hurt her hand today at the water park too (scraped the nail partway off) which was tres sad, since she kept using it to do things and then crying in confusion when it hurt.

Poor monkey.

Anyway, that's the update from here. Hopefully the next post will be big news.

Is that too much to ask?!!!

Here are some highlights from the week:

After her shots, Mela is clearly not that upset (the apple juice went a long way):
Mela shows how she can sit on a step and read a book!
While cooking in the kitchen, Mela takes a moment to survey her work:

The little "big rig" on a tear:
Playing "I'm going to getcha" with Dad:
Checking out the produce at the Farmer's Market:
Enjoying a totally new playground:
Looking ridiculous at week 39:
Playing with a watering can at Monarch Park (right before we're told: "No photography allowed")
Exhausted from a long day of fun in the sun (and no naps!):

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
Every time I leave a message and don't hear back from you now I automatically assume you're in the midst of terribly traumatic labor and I almost barf for you.

Glad to hear all is still quiet on the Eastern Front. I LOL'd at the 'threat level', that is TOTALLY what it is. You are completely under terrorist attack.

Thinking about you and Dex!
C&J
Anonymous said…
Good luck Nancy! Hope to hear word soon.... stay strong!!!

Allison

Popular Posts