I have a sneaking suspicion ...

I don't to jinx anything here but the evidence is starting to mount.

I think things might not be that bad.

In fact, based on the past few days, I think things might actually be quite good.

It appears (although I could be wrong) that maybe we just had things really bad last time and that the newborn stage can actually be quite manageable.

Here are the clues:
  • In the past few days, the breast pain has gotten a lot better and it hardly hurts to nurse now.
  • Last time (I kept detailed notes, for some reason), I was getting sleep stretches of fairly short bursts (e.g. 50 minutes, 2 hours, 30 minutes). This time, I often get at least one stretch of 3 hours or more, and this current night, have had 2+2+3 hrs sleep already!
  • Last time at this age, Mela would feed for an average of 70 minutes per session. Nate usually takes about 40 minutes, if you don't count diaper change / burping break. This makes a big difference at 5 am.
  • I'm happy. I actually feel happy! I have a newborn and I find myself practically skipping down the sidewalk. This probably has a lot to do with not carrying around a 10 lb+ belly anymore. Turns out you have a LOT more energy once you're not pregnant anymore!
Of course, things will get a lot harder once Chris goes back to work and I'm doing all the cooking / managing Mela by myself but still, for now, things are actually really good.

Who knew the newborn stage could be so ... fun?!

Hanging with dad:
Big outing - to the park! It's amazing how good a little bit of fresh air can feel (don't worry, I only exposed him to the sun for 2 seconds for this picture):
Is it just me or is the fist-under-the chin pose just priceless??
Nathan gets sick of the photo shoot:
Nathan meets Allison (and studies her intently):
Time for another outing ... Mela helps Nathan get in his car seat for the first time:
The debut of the double stroller!
Little Big Rig lovin her big rig:
Nathan is unimpressed and goes straight to sleep:Back home, it's photo shoot time again! Pretty handsome devil for a newborn, non?
When this picture was taken, I was supposed to be taking a nap but how can you ask me to put down such a precious package??

Comments

KitchenCathi said…
Ok, first of all - he is SO a combo of Mimi and Jenny! Except when he's mad, and then he's Chris at 85 years old.

Secondly - so much sun on that baby! Dad is going to whup you. Of course, your kids are darker complected than my translucent Jenny.

Thirdly, no, you can not be expected to put down that package. But glad to hear the sleep is better.

Popular Posts