T plus 2

No baby no baby no baby no baby.

Went to the midwife's for the "stretch and sweep" yesterday, which consists mainly (without going into too much detail) of irritating the cervix.

Which I'm told is a good thing.

And it worked. It was irritated. It let me know so by sending cramping pain messages all afternoon.

Which again, I'm told is a good thing.

Around 5 pm, I started getting realllllyyyy uncomfortable. Felt terrible, with headache, super sensitivity to sound, light and smell (weird) and hot, feverish feeling. Struggled to feed Mela her dinner while alternately wiping my face with cold cloth and leaving the room to cry (most likely due to crazy hormone surge). Increasingly uncomfortable contractions holding steady at about 8 minutes apart.

When Chris finally got home, took a cold shower (in the dark) and laid down (in the dark) and breathed through the contractions.

Finally felt calm enough to socialize and watch a movie together (in the dark), while breathing through the more uncomfortable contractions.

Laid down at 10 pm to rest up for the big labour and delivery.

Woke up every 2 hours and timed the contractions. Around 5 am, they spaced out to 10 minutes apart and stopped being painful.

Now they're gone. And I'm just sore.

Apparently the lesson here (AGAIN - for those who missed it over the past couple of weeks) is that you can have several, very real bouts of labour and STILL, your body / the baby is not ready to go all the way. I honestly never knew it could be like this.

I'm starting to feel like a cautionary tale to others.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's coming, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming, it's coming!!

all my best. someday you'll laugh at these crazy false starts.

and if it means anything, I am incredibly jealous of you for being at the end (even though it feels like it will never come).

good luck!!!!!!! what a relief it will be when BBRector has finally emerged from his cave.

love allison
KitchenCathi said…
That is a sad, sad tale of pain and woe.

Just remember to tell yourself, 'I never did mind about the little things'.

Sorry life sucks so OUCH CONTRACTIONS I REMEMBER WHAT THEY'RE LIKE! OMG HOW CAN YOU EVEN BE WRITING YOUR BLOG?!!!!!ARRRGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Angela said…
Oh Nancy, what an amazing experience that will stay with you forever. And, despite it all, think how many other second babies this little guy is going to inspire in the neighborhood!
Rector Funhouse said…
Thanks for support, guys! Can't wait for the day when I look back on this and laugh. Hahaha ... ahhhh.

Popular Posts